- The whole secret society, I didn’t really mind it that much at first, until we came to the whole frozen-eggs-in-test-tube stuff and taking-blood-from-unsuspecting-girls/boys. Also rape and drugs. Like what the hell? At times I felt like instead of a secret society I was reading about a girl infiltrated in some high-tech company.
I felt it was just over the top, too much.
- Several of the characters. Some were just creepy/disturbing, and our main character was an idiot at times. A really big idiot.
For example, she sees someone she knows, half dead on a couch, legs slightly spread and some other stuff with guys surrounding her who are drooling/lusting over her. What does she do? Just walk on, and pretend nothing happened. Good going girl, just as long as it isn’t you I guess you are fine with it. Like what?
Also add to that the various stuff that happened near the ending/at the ending.
Now for the good things.
- I am sucker for Boarding School stories, especially if those are combined with mystery/horror. And this one had all that + quite a bit more.
- The cover, it is a simple one, but I really like the colours and the letters.
- What I said in the beginning, I liked the secret society thing at the beginning.
- The twins, they turned out to be pretty dang awesome. Really liked them and wished they had gotten more showtime.
All in all, would I recommend this book? Yes. Yes I would, but be warned, like I said it is a bit over the top at times.