Welcome to a brand-new tag! I was looking for new tags to answer and feature on my blog and bumped against this one on the amazing A Novel Idea blog. Be sure to read her answers and her blog.
The original creator of the tag is Tia and she can be found at Tia and all the books~
Ready? Let’s get to the questions and my answers.
1. Adaptation Snob: Do you always read the book before you see the movie?
Well, I am very hesitant to watch movies of books I like. Often I will just choose not to watch the movie, but if I do choose to watch it.. book first. Definitely.
2. Format Snob: You can only choose 1 format in which to read books for the rest of your life. Which one do you choose: physical books, ebooks, or audiobooks?
Physical books all the way. Ebooks + my eyes/head = no no even with a Kindle, and Audiobooks + ADHD = nope. So if I could only read one format, then physical. Besides nothing can beat the feel of a book. I love to sniff books and find out what smell it has, I like flipping through the pages, just holding it, seeing the pages you have left grow less and less, putting the books on your shelf and just be able to look at them. I could continue, but I think I shown my love for physical.
3. Ship Snob: Would you date or marry a non-reader?
I am already married (for almost a year now), so no more dating or marriage for me. But I wouldn’t care about that. My hubby likes reading but just doesn’t find the time or the calm inside to read. But if he wasn’t a fan of reading? I wouldn’t mind that, as long as he doesn’t mind me reading all the books. As long as he respects that the house is going to be filled with books. 😛
4. Genre Snob: You have to ditch one genre – never to be read again for the rest of your life. Which one do you ditch?
This is hard! I think I will go for Science-fiction then. It is just not entirely my genre either way so I won’t miss it too much.
5. Uber Genre Snob: You can only choose to read from one genre for the rest of your life. Which genre do you choose?
OMG? Just one? Um, um. Romance then. These past years I have been getting way more invested in reading romance, so I guess I can live with reading that all my life. Though I think I would miss all the other genres. This is tough.
6. Community Snob: Which genre do you think receives the most snobbery from the bookish community?
Romance, definitely. I have seen many articles and many Goodreads reviews/threads with people talking about how romance is bad writing and how people reading it should read real books for once.
7. Snobbery Recipient: Have you ever been snubbed for something that you have been reading or for reading in general?
Both. I am not shy to read whatever I want in public or online. People have opinions, and sadly they aren’t always nice. As for reading in general. Yes, I have gotten comments. One such story was when I went to Deventer for the big book market there, and after a long day I was stepping in the train home with bags of books. I had my headphones on, but no music yet, and a girl who saw me step in moved to her friend and said to her friend some not so nice things about reading and books. She probably thought I didn’t hear it because of my headphones. Girl, please.
And that concludes this tag! Thanks for reading~ As for who I tag? looks around I tag all of my readers! Do this fun tag, I am curious about your answers and would love to see them!