PLEASE READ!!!: As of February 19th 2017 I am taking a break in reading/accepting e- and print-ARCs or books that have come out (normal review copies).
If you have a book tour you want me to participate in, I am always willing to participate in promoting either with just book information, an excerpt, or giveaway, or a mix of those. Just make sure that it matches my preferences for my blog (so YA or Middle Grade/Children or Graphic Novels and Manga). You can contact me through contact page.
I am not sure when, and if I will be returning with reviewing on a deadline. This page will be updated should I decide to go back or to stop.
Mehsi, or the Twirling Book Princess, is currently and kindly accepting, both e- and print-ARCs for reviews from publicists, authors, agents or others. You can contact me through my contact page.
* I will try to respond to all the offers I get, even if your book doesn’t appeal to me I will let you know.
* My e-reader is a Kindle Paper White, so the preferred format would be .azw. However .epub or .pdf is also an option.
* I live in the Netherlands, so keep that in mind too in regards with book copies I know that several US-based publicists or authors only want to have people from their country.
* I will try to write a review for every book I will receive, however, they might not all be high stars, so don’t expect 4 or 5 stars only. If I dislike a book, I will be honest about it. If, in any case I really don’t like a book, and can’t get through it (I will of course always try to give it a few chances!), I will contact you and be sure to tell you why I couldn’t finish it.
* If you give me a book to review I will be sure to read and review the book within 8 weeks. Of course if you have a specific date in mind for the review, please let me know and I will accommodate to that date.
* If I write a review about a book I received, there will be a line above the review that says something like: I received this book from [insert what applies] in exchange for an honest review.
* I will review books for the following age groups (which some also see as genres): Young Adult and Middle Grade/Children. I will also review Graphic Novels and Manga.
NOTE:Please make sure your book is fitting to those age groups/genres that I mentioned, I will reject mails if books aren’t from the genres I review. While I do read other genres, I want to focus my blog on YA/MG/Childrens/Manga/Graphic Novels, with only the occasional/rare book not from those genres. Thanks for understanding.
Most of the books I am currently reviewing are my own books, from my own collection, or books I get from one of my libraries. (Yes, I have multiple libraries that I visit.) A very small part of my books is from Netgalley or from a publisher. The latter will be specifically mentioned.
I post my reviews on this blog, but also on Goodreads, Booklikes, Rifflebooks, and Tumblr. And should it be required, I can also post on Amazon (any), and Barnes&Noble. I will also promote the book review on my Twitter (@Mehsi_Hime). If you have specific sites you would like to see the review on, please let me know and I will see if I can add them to those sites.
Once I have finished reading a book and reviewed it (this applies to my own books), if it is good, I will keep it. And if it is bad, I will donate it to a charity or a friend. In case of eBooks, I delete those. And of course Library Books get brought back to the library. 😉
All my reviews and ratings are my own, personal opinion on a book. I write reviews because I love to express my opinion and let my fellow booklovers and friends know what I thought of the books I read. It isn’t done to undermine or hurt authors or to hate on them and/or their books. Please remember this. Thanks.